To download a pdf copy of my resume click here, and for those days that you just don’t feel like downloading anything there is a text format for you to review of my resume below. Don’t forget to check out my portfolio.
Work Objective: A position that will utilize my prior experience and knowledge of working with clients and graphic design to provide growth, opportunity and further development of my skills.
Oakland University, 2200 N. Squirrel Road, Rochester, MI 48309
Major course of study: Business and Marketing.
Bachelor of Integrative Studies minor in Business/Marketing.
OCC Orchard Ridge Campus, 27055 Orchard Lake Road, Farmington Hills, Mi 48334
Major course of study: Graphic Design. Associate in Applied Science degree in Graphic Design.
Magna Cum Laude GPA: 3.85
Oakland Technical Schools Southwest, 1000 Beck Road, Wixom, Mi 48393
A two-year long, career focused education program, concentration in digital imaging and illustration, earned Core and Technical Certificates.
Major course of study: Graphic Design. Graduated May 2003.
Lakeland High school. Bogie Lake Road, White Lake, Mi 48383
Graduated in May 2003
1/01/05 to Current – KWoodard Graphics
Position: Freelance Graphic Designer.
Duties: Brand identities and logo development, re-branding, sub-branding, book designs, kindle/digital reader book files, photo alterations, brochures, promotional designs and all advertising needs.
2/22/12 to Current – Chase Bank
Position: Personal Banker
Duties: Account specialist, teller transactions, customer service, cash management, partner referrals to Chase Private Client, Mortgage Specialist, Investment Specialist as well as managing sales.
1/01/08 to 03/01/10 – Magro International
134 W. University Drive STE 207, Rochester Hills, MI 48067. 248-652-9632
Position: Creative Director, Search Engine Optimization Specialist.
Duties: Designing website banners, flash animations, animated gifs, rollover buttons, logos, banner advertisements, page layouts. Retouching photos, working with content management systems, maintaining/updating websites, SEO, researching keyword trends, meta/title tag creations, researching competitor web sites for clients and link building.
1/01/06 to 9/31/07 – PGN Agency
1504 E. 11 Mile Road, Royal Oak, MI 48067
Position: Graphic Designer, Photographer.
Duties: Concept development, designing print ads, direct mailers, outdoor advertising, brand identities and logo designs. Preparing presentation boards and presentations, updating websites, photography, market survey research, keeping the in-house process updated with the necessary job forms and holding team meetings. Meeting with clients and vendors on daily basis. Working on set with PGN’s creative director, directors and food stylist for commercials and photo shoots.
7/21/02 to 12/31/08 – Unique Image Studio of Photography
6129 Highland Road, Waterford, MI 48327
Position: Digital Artist and Customer Service.
Duties: Arranging portrait compositions, retouching portraits, computer photo alterations, designing brochures and company advertisements, photo restorations, photographing on location team sports and K-12 school portraits, scheduling appointments, taking phone calls, working with yearbook directors, putting up and taking down photography equipment, assisting customers and the photographers. Putting portrait orders and wedding albums together, matting and framing portraits, and ordering necessary production supplies.
Skills and Accomplishments
Mac and PC • Photography • Photo editing • Brand Identities • Customer Service • Working with directors, vendors and clients • Adobe InDesign Adobe Illustrator• Adobe Photoshop • Kindle Digital Reader • Adobe digital editions • WordPress • Adobe GoLive • Word • Excel • Dreamweaver • Flash • Content Management Systems
• 2008 An active member of Young Professionals of Rochester concentrating on leadership and mentoring opportunities by advancing professional and business development with a focus on civic, cultural, educational interests and volunteering for the benefit of Rochester, Rochester Hills, and Oakland Township.
• 2008 Oakland University English Department Logo Design Contest Winner.
• 2006 Jet’s Pizza Corporation account, I prepared the presentation and was one of three speakers at the meeting. After Jet’s Pizza signed the contract, I was responsible for the creative and working with the vendors.
• 2004 & 2005 Phi Theta Kappa International Honor Society.
• 2003 Key Award, Oakland Technical Campus- I was awarded for being the first student ever to secure a work-study position in Visual Imaging, for turning out exquisite photo products, and for serving as an outstanding spokesperson for the Oakland Technical Center.
• 2003 North American Auto Show Poster Design Award, 3rd Place.